Rail / Infrastructure Projects
In 2016, Infrastructure Victoria undertook the first ever 30-year infrastructure strategy for Victoria, noting 137 recommendations to be delivered over the next 30 years. In addition, the Victorian Government has committed to removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings around Melbourne over the next 8 years. For such a large volume of projects, you need a cohesive approach by teams of skilled operators. SPI has been working with a number of companies and alliances to provide inspection services for some of these projects.
For each project, Property Condition Surveys are carried out on all residential and commercial buildings, as well as Council assets such as roads and footpaths, prior to construction. In each case, the owner or representative must provide consent to carry out the inspection. There is no charge to the owner for this service.
We have created a convenient online form to help with the process. Select the relevant project below to be taken to a form page. Simply fill in the details and choose Submit. A member of our team will then be in contact with you to arrange a suitable inspection time.
If you are a tenant of the building, please note the name of your owner or property agent on the form and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
For further information on a specific rail or infrastructure project, please call 1300 721 032 and select Option 3 from the automated menu, or email email@example.com.
SPI Property Inspections (ABN 91 006 924 027) collects, uses and discloses Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (PDPA) and other applicable legislation. Click here to download our Data Collection Notice: SPI Property Inspections Data Collection Notice
- - SPI Property Inspections carries out dilapidation inspections for several companies and alliances around Melbourne. For each project, Property Condition Surveys are completed on residential and commercial buildings, capturing the condition of the property, as an independent reference. This also includes conducting a review of infrastructure assets, including a visual inspection of road surfaces, kerbs, channelling, footpath, nature […]
- - Major works to remove the High Street level crossing and build a brand-new Reservoir Station commenced on 23 January, 2019. The goal is to ultimately improve the shared use paths for pedestrians and cyclists and overall safety of its users. What is changing in Reservoir? A new rail bridge that will see the boom gates […]
- - The SPI team is working with several companies and alliances to provide dilapidation inspection services for rail, road and infrastructure projects in Melbourne and Central Victoria. For each project, a dilapidation report (otherwise known as a property condition survey) is carried out on all residential and commercial buildings, prior to construction. This also includes council assets, […]
- - Be sure to stay in the loop with the road closures this New Year’s period so you don’t waste your precious time during the holiday break in traffic. Below is a list of main areas to keep in mind: West Gate Freeway 2 Jan 2018 until 1 Jan 2022 — Single lane closures in both […]
- - What is the North East Link project? The aim of the North East Link projects is to complete the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network. It will be a modern new freeway connecting an upgraded Eastern Freeway to the M80 Ring Road in Melbourne’s North-East. What will be upgraded? M80 Ring Road to Lower Plenty […]
- - The team at SPI Property Inspections carries out dilapidation inspections for several companies and Alliances around Melbourne. For each project, Property Condition Surveys are completed on all residential and commercial buildings, as well as Council assets such as roads and footpaths, prior to construction. In each case, the owner or representative must provide consent to carry out […]
- - With Melbourne’s population forever on the rise, the Government is constantly building facilities, community bases and additional infrastructure to better accommodate the residents. We see grants and development signs popping up in almost every suburb so understandably you may ask ‘What’s new now in Melbourne?’ Read below to find out… New suburbs Along with […]
- - In Melbourne, our roads and infrastructure have required constant expansion to suit our ever-growing population. With it being a large focus for our government, many funds and resources have been set aside to improve our standard of living. This can be reflected in the famously-dubbed title of ‘the most liveable city in the world’ (The […]
- - SPI Property Inspections was recently awarded a contract with John Holland-KBR Joint Venture (JH-KBR JV), on behalf of Melbourne Water, to carry out Property Condition Surveys as part of upgrade works at: Glen Valley Retarding Basin located on Glen Valley Road in Forest Hill Lernes Street Retarding Basin located on Hylton Crescent in Forest Hill East Burwood Retarding […]
- - The SPI team has been busy completing Property Condition Surveys for one of the Government’s Level Crossing Removal Projects at Bayswater. The Victorian Government is aiming to remove at least 20 level crossings by 2018, with the intention of improving safety and relieving traffic congestion across Victoria. We are pleased to report that our role in […]