Contract Review Inspection | Melbourne & Victoria
Rely on the experienced team at SPI Property Inspections before you sign your contract
Building a new home can be an exciting experience when you’re well informed and you’re confident of the outcome. For some, the building process may be unfamiliar, particularly in the early stages of reviewing contracts and negotiating with your builder. The wisest course of action is to engage an independent inspector who can identify whether there are flaws or discrepancies in the contract.
Our experienced inspectors can provide advice on issues that require clarification between parties prior to signing, including:
- Your responsibilities as an owner
- Your builder’s obligations
- Variation of costs and possible hidden charges
- Progress Payment Schedules
- Prime costs (i.e. costs to purchase specified items such as tiles, taps and bathroom fittings)
- Provisional sum costs (i.e. costs to cover work and/or materials such as the excavation and construction of footings and foundations)
- The length of time for the build
- Finished floor levels on contract drawings
- Finishes on paint, benchtops, floors, appliances
Engage a professional to help you understand everything your contract contains and to make sure your interests are protected
As well as assisting with your contract review, we can also support you throughout the entire build, providing a series of independent building inspections covering the critical stages of new house construction.
Choose SPI Property Inspections for a trusted contract review. Whether you’re in metropolitan Melbourne, Geelong or Central Victoria, call the team on 1300 721 032 or request a quick quote online today.