Special Purpose Building Inspections
With a Special Purpose building inspection, you have the opportunity to focus on a specific issue or defect in your house or commercial property. You may have just discovered the problem, or it could have been developing over a period of time. Perhaps you’re just not sure if it’s an issue at all?
Engaging an independent building inspector to assess the situation can put your mind at rest. The inspector can identify any real issues and give you a better idea of the extent of the damage. He can also offer advice or recommendations as to how best to tackle the problems.
SPI Property Inspections can carry out inspections for a number of special purposes. For example:
- cracking or movement in walls, floors and ceilings
- structural problems and defective frame installations
- subsidence and floors out of level
- noticeable gaps appearing in cornices, skirting boards, around windows etc.
- dampness issues
- noticeable water marks in ceilings
- leaking problems from roofs, gutters, balconies or in bathrooms
- insulation issues
- asbestos issues
- defective application of building materials
- poor workmanship and non-compliance with building standards.
Our Special Purpose building report outlines the type and extent of the defect, and is supported by photographic evidence. We also provide recommendations on an appropriate course of action to rectify the issues.
The SPI Property Inspections team comprises qualified builders, with hands-on experience in building. You will need someone who can identify those faults or potential problems that, if overlooked by an untrained eye, could result in costly damage in the months ahead. To date, SPI has carried out over 7,000 building inspections. We know what to look for and can give you objective and unbiased advice.