Employment Opportunity: Lead Inspector – Building Inspections
SPI Property Inspections is seeking an experienced individual to manage our inspector team as well as carry out building inspections across Melbourne and Victoria.
SPI Property Inspections is a well-established brand in both the residential and commercial sectors. We are proud of our reputation for technical excellence and great customer service. For this reason, we are very particular about how our brand is represented, through our people and our marketing.
In addition to our residential work, we are currently working on large infrastructure projects such as level crossing removal projects across Melbourne. We can therefore offer an exciting variety of inspection work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage our growing inspector team across Melbourne and Victoria
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new and existing inspectors
- Assist and respond to any technical queries from our office team
- Assist in the development and roll-out of new inspection applications
- Conduct onsite inspections
- Attend meetings with prospective clients, as required
- Report any inspector issues to the management team on a monthly basis
- Assist with any sales and marketing related tasks, as required
You will need to:
- be a building inspector or registered builder (e.g. DB-U)
- have held a management position for 5+ years
- have the technical skills and building trade qualification required of an inspector
- have proven experience in the construction industry
- have a sound working knowledge of the Building Act
- be flexible and willing to go the extra mile to deliver on our client promise
- be detailed and accurate in your work
- have integrity, and be honest and respectful in your professional and personal dealings
- have a driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle.
- Full Time Salaried position – this can be negotiated
- Vehicle allowance
- iPad provided for completing inspections
- A bonus incentive scheme will apply
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you would like to be considered, please email your CV and a brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention Marie Kitch, General Manager, Operations or call our office on 1300 721 032.
This position is also currently advertised on SEEK.